Monday, January 14

a serious case of the mondays

Mondays are supposed to be sluggish, correct?

well today is definitely shaping up to live up its characteristics.

not only is it sluggish, its draining... its only 10:30 which means i have been at work for a half an hour... i feel like i could sleep for another 10 hours right now... (yes, i did sleep from 8:30 pm to 8:40 am.. it was glorious to say the least... ) Here's my running total for the day thus far: 2 cups of water, 2 cough drops, one roll of toilet paper used as tissues, 1 cup of tea, my rationed pretzels for snacking later today are almost depleted, and i am trying to sip a sugar free red bull before a client shows up so i can at least seem alive.

I am trying not to complain to much, and i am horrible sick person... i become completely helpless and weak... it seriously takes me about 34 seconds to open up the bag that holds the cough drops that are keeping me silent... do you have any idea how much it hurts my ego and my fingers to try and open a stupid plastic bag for 34 seconds?!! its ridiculous.. and its same with NyQuil and Dayquil  packaging... you think they would understand that you are pathetically ill and feeble... compassion; pills that's what i want from you, just a little compassion (or pity, ill even take pity right now), and don't make it harder on me than today already seems...

but at least the cafienne is kicking in, and that means i will muster up the energy to walk across the street and purchase some dayquil... even if one of the ingredents makes my chest feel like its about to collapse.. its a neccersary evil to at least have a couple hours of reflief and a plug on the constant nasal drip internal and externally taking place ...

sorry for all the gorey details... what are your reccomendations for taking care of this cold? or a flu? because i have heard that this(these) bug(s) are going around like bandits right now stealing everyones health...

I'm just crossing my fingers that i will be well enough before next Thursday... i don't think it would be very fun to be sick in paradise... that's right... heading to Hawaii for a relaxing and beautiful week with the boyfriend and his family... i have a horrible feeling that he is starting to catch this from me and he will actually be the one miserable on the beach... sorry lover, i did try and stay away from you... 

Here's wishing you a merrier and healthier Monday than i am currently dealing with... I'm off to CVS to coax this cold away for a few hours

No comments :