Thursday, May 15

my happily ever after: planning

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that come September 1st we will be engaged to be married for a whole year. crazy... they don't lie when they tell you time flies by. Here we are in the middle of may, almost June of 2014, and I'm supposed to be planning a wedding... not just a "wedding" the happiest and most beautiful day of my life... its my responsibility, don't mind the panic attack. I know I'm just supposed to enjoy this planning stage and smile, relish in all the attention...

but that's not me. I hide from attention, I'm a stress case, and a pessimist... but I want to be a happy and go with a flow beautiful blushing bride... i will definitely be the blushing bride... which makes me smile to think that he still wants to make me his bride.. so there is a light at the end of this tunnel, eh ;).

I am actually excited to get started planning and hunting. I am actually on my way this afternoon to go take a look at one venue that we have in mind. I love that i will have this blog as a huge idea and mood board for the different places i go and see, and to work with what i want and what i can have...

The whole idea of a budget scares me.... I am not a realist in any sense of the word, the concept of money doesn't and hasn't ever really sunk in... but its starting to ... what we are working with ... whats important... its all just so daunting... i can't compare my fiscal amount to anyone Else's. which is hard, but I'm trying, and I'm doing okay.. I am not in any means rich in the money department. I am happy, i am oh so loved, and i love deep and lavishly. I am not complaining (even if it might sound like it) I'm venting; pinterest, you minx; I have learned that you are evil evil seducing lying example of what i can't have and all Ive never knew i wanted. Things I see are things that are too expensive, not diy ( for a full time working lady), or not in my location... example; I found exactly what I wanted; an outdoor ceremony in front a huge HUGE old tree; gorgeous, a single piece of white satiny material  draped through two of its boughs grazing the ground on both ends; absolutely stunning.... I showed one of my clients a couple months back, and she asked me if i wanted to do a destination wedding; that tree is only in the south.... ugh; really? of course it is... and so that idea has to get thrown out the window... but I am working on letting go of all the pretenses that I have had in my mind about the perfect wedding. I have never been one of the little girls that has had the whole soirĂ©e planned out and set in stone since they were 7, i honestly just started actually thinking about the logistics of my "wedding" the day after he asked me to marry him. and then sporadically here and there since... until now


I am on a mission to make this wedding go down. next late summer/ (hopefully)fall. If I can wait that long ;). all I want to be is married to the my loving, caring, amazing and  beautiful BK. I don't care where or how it all goes down but this little blog of mine is going to help me write it all down in jumbled thoughts and run on sentences... feel free to join me in learning exactly what my happily ever after looks like...


If you have any tips, tricks, ideas, helpful advice, websites that helped you on your big day, I can use all the help I can get .... danka

No comments :